With our team and visitors celebrating all things wild during our ‘Nature Week‘ we thought there was no better time to announce our Green plan.
It’s easy to feel that you alone aren’t able to make much of a difference to the environment- but you are! The combined efforts of everyone trying to do their bit can have a really meaningful impact.
We’ve always been passionate about doing the right thing for the planet but this year have decided to really push ourselves. All of our teams have been beavering away behind the scenes to identify areas in which their departments can improve.
- We’ve replaced all plastic straws with biodegradable ones
- Our take-away coffee cups are now completely compostable
- Our own ‘Ecoffee’ hot drink cups have been designed and ordered. With every sale of these cups we will fill it for the first time absolutely free!
- Installed light sensors and LED replacement light bulbs in as many fitting as possible
- Installed enough solar panels to power the campsite for the whole year!
- We’ve provided our team with reusable water bottles and travel mugs (saves the use of around 20,000 paper cups a year!)
- We have started using ‘Measure My Energy’ monitoring systems to track our consumption so that we can identify areas that are wasting power
Our aims for the next three years:
- Reduce our water consumption by 40,000 litres per year
- Reduce our landfill waste by 50%
- Reduce our energy consumption and increase our generation of renewable energy to produce 65% of our own electric
We’ve also been in touch with all of our suppliers to let them know that we’d like to reduce our impact on the environment as much as possible and to ask them to keep their eyes peeled for anything that can help us achieve this.
If there are any changes that you’d like to see, please feel free to drop an email to email@example.com with ‘Green in 2018’ in the subject line. We can’t promise to make everything happen this year but we will do our best!